Sunday, March 8, 2009

memory lane

I worked down memory lane today as I cleaned up my flower beds. I remember my grandmother's driveway full of day lilies - now lining my retaining wall. I trimmed up the red cannas from my grandmother's house and the orange cannas from my great grandmother's house. I also cleaned up the iris plants from Mack's grandmother's yard.

The other thing I figured out is that I'm not in my twenties as my back is hurting. I'll be reminded often in the next few days of how much I worked. My fingernails are nasty - but what a glorious reason to have dirty nails.

I'll post pictures in the summer of flowers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good see that you are back posting. Sorry that b-ball season is over. Midway won another state champship, kelly informed Payne that it was #7. Put up pictues so we can see TN 2.

Jon

Anonymous said...

I'll try for the 2nd time! Maybe spring is on it's way after all.

MOM