I've been challenged to list 10 things you might not know about me:
Honest things about me:
1. I love the smell of beer. Strange I know. Growing up we had a farm in Crawford, Texas. Kelly and I would have the "opportunity" to walk the road to pick up cans - which were mainly beer cans. Kelly and I also learned to drive on that stretch of road. I miss that Silver Ford Truck.
2. I wish I was a good cook. Between not being home enough and having a family that could care less about "good food", I don't get to create and try new things. I love to watch the food network and dream of great meals.
3. I love to take pictures. When I get out of teaching, I'll take up photography seriously. As of now it's fun. I had to get an external drive for my computer due the 16,000 pictures that were on here.
4. I was a manger for the Tennessee Lady Vols for 4 years. What an experience and opportunity. If ever you need good Pat Summitt stories, I can share a few. I was with the team when the won the National Championship in '91. I met President Bush, saw the Queen of England and Queen Mum, traveled to Hawaii and met INCREDIBLE people. It taught me so many life lessons. It is the best way to get a full scholarship!
5. I saw Arnold Palmer play his last Masters. One of top 5 all time sporting memories.
6. I have never colored or permed my hair. With the amount of grey I am finding these days, I might start coloring it.
7. I keep the chains for the Cleveland High School Football Team. I love getting to hear coaches talk to their players. Boys smell bad, too.
8. I love to wear blue. Might have something to do with coaching the Lady Raiders.
9. I was a member of a state champion soccer team when I was in 3rd grade. I played goalie. Proof of the saying - "the older I get the better I was".
10. I LOVE watching Nascar. I am currently for the #99, Carl Edwards. Previously I was a M&M car fan... but I can't pull for a Toyota or Kyle Busch. I have been to most southern tracks and try to add one a year to the list.
Country Christmas Connection
9 months ago